Have you ever made bread pudding before? To tell the truth, I can’t remember if I ever have or not, it’s not something my family and I eat much of, usually. But, I will definitely be making this Pumpkin Bread Pudding again. Absolutely delicious. Pumpkin, spices, raisin bread, apples, yummy on top of yummy!
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin, 100% puree
- 2 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 pound loaf cinnamon raisin bread
- 2 chopped apples, I used Gala
- Whisk one 15-ounce can pumpkin, 2 cups milk, 3 egg yolks and ½ cup each sugar and chopped pecans in a large bowl. Fold in 1 pound cubed cinnamon-raisin bread and 2 chopped apples.
- Spread in a buttered baking dish and refrigerate 2 hours, then bake at 375 degrees F until set, 45 minutes.
This is another awesome recipe from “50 Things to Do With Canned Pumpkin”, from Food Network Magazine, October 2013 issue. So far, everything I have made from this issue (Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Pumpkin Honey Butter) and the recipe my sister made (Holiday Pumpkin Scones), has been terrific.
I usually make recipes my own by changing a few things here and there, however, this recipe is the original Food Network recipe. I left this one as is, other than serving it with syrup.
This was one of the easiest desserts/breakfast treat I’ve made. I’m not much of a baker, as many of CookTheTV’s lovely readers already know. I think all the good wishes I have received have really helped because this Pumpkin Bread Pudding came out so good, moist and fluffy on the inside, crunchy on top, and tasty pumpkin flavor throughout. I topped it with a little syrup, but if you like you can serve it plain.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. Please feel free to leave a comment. Thanks for stopping by:) Di