Today’s recipe is a tasty dessert, Easy Strawberry Shortcake.
- 5 cups (about 1½ quarts) fresh strawberries, sliced
- ¼ to ½ cup sugar, to taste
- 2⅓ cups Bisquick baking mix
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3-4 tablespoons sugar for whipping with cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare a mixing bowl to make whipped cream in: Place large bowl and beaters from electric mixer in freezer.
- Mix sliced berries and ¼ to ½ cup sugar, according to taste.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together Bisquick, milk, 2 tablespoons sugar and butter until mixed into a soft dough. Do not overmix. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Will make 6-8 biscuits.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, using electric mixer on medium speed, whip heavy cream and sugar together in prepared bowl.Split biscuits, fill and top with strawberries and whipped cream.
By the time this post goes up, the boyfriend and I will be in sunny central Florida. Soaking up the sunshine, eating fresh seafood and visiting the Strawberry Festival in Plant City. Big fun! I thought you guys might like your own taste of Florida, so I whipped up this delicious dessert:)
Headed out, so shortest post ever, haha!
Hope you like this recipe. Thanks for stopping by:) Di