This recipe for Cinnamon Oat Bars came straight off the back of Hershey’s Cinnamon Chips package. Have you tried the cinnamon chips? Wow, are they ever good! Creamy like Hershey’s milk chocolate chips, but instead of chocolate, you get cinnamon. Yum!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2½ cups quick oats
- 1 10ounce package Hershey's Cinnamon Chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter and both sugars in a large bowl until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well. In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking soda. Add to butter mixture, beat well. Stir in oats and cinnamon chips. Batter will be stiff.
- Spread batter into lightly greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake at 350°F. for about 20 minutes, then cover with aluminum foil to prevent bars from over browning.. Bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes, or until center is set and bars are lightly browned. Cool; cut into bars. About 3 dozen bars.
This recipe was only slightly altered from Hershey’s original recipe, Oatmeal Cinnamon Chips Cookies. My sister used the recipe as a base, but instead of making cookies, she made cookie bars. Yes, I said my sister…I stole her bars! They were so good I had to share them. No, she doesn’t mind;)
One other change Sis made to these delicious bars was to omit the raisins. If your crew likes raisins, add them back in: 3/4 cup raisins stirred in with the cinnamon chips.