Today’s recipe, Easy Pepperoni Pizza Rolls, is a yummy, savory recipe for simple pizza bites. Does your family enjoy pizza? Do you ever serve any frozen pizza snacks just to get that pizza flavor? Give these a try! They make a delicious and really quick snack, appetizer or meal your family will love.
- 1 can refrigerated pizza dough
- flour for dusting, about a tablespoon
- 3 ounces, or about a half a package, sliced pepperoni (or more or less to preference)
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing (optional)
- 4 green onions, sliced thin, save sliced tops for garnish (optional)
- 2 cups shredded cheese ( I used Kraft's Pizza cheese, a blend of Mozzarella and Cheddar. Use whatever cheese you like.)
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- pinch or two garlic powder
- pizza sauce, or flavored tomato sauce, for dipping. I used Hunt's Pizza Flavored tomato sauce. (It's good and thick, and doesn't cost as much as jarred pizza sauce)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare garlic butter by mixing butter and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Dust counter with a little flour so your dough doesn't stick. Roll out dough, rolling a little thin, and cut in half. It's easier to handle that way. Spread a tablespoon of ranch dressing (if using) on each side.
- Cut pepperoni slices in half. Spread evenly across the dough. Spread onion slices on top. Sprinkle cheese over all.
- Pick up dough along one side and roll up tightly. Lightly press seam down. Slice each roll into 8 pieces.
- Place on baking pan lined with parchment paper, or lightly greased.
- Bake about 16-18 minutes, or until dough is cooked through and rolls are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and brush with garlic butter. Serve warm.
There’s a couple of “optional” ingredients in this recipe. That’s because pizza is such a personal preference kind of thing, don’t you think? I actually only used ranch and onion on half my rolls, just so everyone could have it the way they like it. Does your family like ranch on their pizza? How about onions? You can always add toppings your family enjoys and make it your own.