Easy Slow Cooker Chili
Author: Di@CookTheTV.com, adapted from Food Network
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder, dissolved in 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 pound ground turkey, or ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, pinch of pepper
- 2 15-ounce cans "chili" beans in sauce ( I used Bush's, do not drain)
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1 can diced tomatoes, or Rotel Diced Tomatoes with green chilies
- *note- if you use plain tomatoes, or no tomatoes, you may want to add more spices, this is a mild chili.
- toppings, such as shredded cheese, onion, chips, etc
- In a small bowl, mix together tomato paste and dissolved cocoa powder.
- In the crockpot, mix together ground turkey, chili powder, salt and pepper. If the turkey is sticking together, use a spatula or potato masher to separate it well.
- Pour the tomato paste and cocoa mixture into crockpot. Add the cans of beans, the tortilla chips, and Rotel or other diced tomatoes. Mix well.
- Turn crockpot on low heat and cook for 5 to 6 hours, or until done.
- Serve with toppings and sides such as shredded cheese and chopped scallions (as shown), jalapenos, rice or chips, etc.
Recipe by Cook The TV! at http://www.cookthetv.com/2013/10/24/easy-slow-cooker-chili/